Nominations for the inaugural Frank Lowy Fellowship closed on 24 November.
The Frank Lowy Fellowship will be awarded to a talented person working in the Australian shopping centre industry who has demonstrated both distinction in their professional field and a commitment to shopping centre industry excellence.
This initiative is intended to foster and celebrate the next generation leaders, collaborators and innovative thinkers that will ensure Australia’s shopping centre industry continues to be a world leader.
The nominee should be an Australian resident who is employed by a company which owns, manages, and/or develops shopping centres in Australia.
The nominee can work in any field relevant to the ownership, management, or development of shopping centres, including leasing, development, design and construction, shopping centre management, facilities management, sustainability, and marketing (not exhaustive).
The nominee’s employer need not be an Australian company or a member company of the Shopping Centre Council of Australia (SCCA).
The Fellowship recipient will receive a cash contribution towards a professional development pursuit or industry event of choice. This could include reasonable anticipated expenses to travel to and attend an opportunity overseas.
The Fellowship will be judged by a sub-committee of the SCCA Board of Directors.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9033 1902
Nominees must respond in writing to the following five (5) questions regarding their activities in the previous 12 months:
- How have you demonstrated excellence in your field? Briefly describe your achievements.
- How have you adapted to the changing retail landscape? Briefly describe your successes and learnings.
- How have you applied technology/other innovation to deliver better outcomes for your business and customers?
- What do you think will be the next phase of change in the Australian shopping centre industry? Briefly describe how the industry should prepare.
- If you are the successful nominee, what professional development pursuit or industry event would you pursue, and why?
Responses should be no more than 250 words/half an A4 page per question. A short cover letter and CV can also be included.
Nominations must be uploaded as one PDF document via the below form. Nominations must be lodged by Friday 24 November.
Nominations require the support of the nominee’s employer (of relevant seniority – e.g. Executive level).